How good are you at Time and Priority Management?
Did you know that Time and Priority Management is a competency that you can develop? We define the Time and Priority Management competency as, "Prioritizing and completing tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames." Who do you know who is highly skilled at Time and Priority Management?
With practice, you can grow and develop this skill just like other "hard skills" you might be good at like cooking, public speaking, employee coaching, or playing golf.
How do I grow as a leader: Time and Priority Management?
Those with a highly developed skill of Time and Priority Management exhibit the following:
- Effectively manages difficulties and delays to complete tasks on time.
- Effectively manages time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Presents completed tasks on or before the deadline.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain deadlines in the midst of crisis.
- Strives to improve prioritization.
- Balances timelines and desired outcomes.
- Takes initiative and prioritizes tasks to stay on schedule.
- Accepts responsibility for deadlines and results.
- Creates an environment conducive to effectiveness.
- Reduces the amount of time spent on non-priorities.
Behaviorally, it comes more naturally and requires less focus for some of us to effectively manage time and priorities. For the rest of us, it is a skill we may need to invest energy into developing in order to be more effective. Our Driving Forces will reward for some skills and not others. If your job or your environment demands something from you that isn't naturally present in your Behaviors or Driving Forces, you can develop it in your Competencies.
What about you? How developed are you at the competency of Time and Priority Management? What about the people on your team? Is this something you want your team to be strong in?
Understand the health of your team in minutes.
Invest 15 minutes to get your Team Health Score and summary report. Bring clarity and confidence to engaging your team.
Subscribe to the Kutsko Report!
Our weekly newsletter is trusted by hundreds of executive leaders.
Be the first to know about the latest trends in leadership, talent, and organizational culture. Sign up now and get the freshest tips and tricks delivered to your inbox once a week.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.